Terms and ConditionsAll information at one place
This can be useful!
General Terms and Conditions
(Algemene voorwaarden, Dutch Law)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Holiday Home Nieuwkarspel
Middenkoogweg 1b, 1738 DW Waarland, Holland
Owners: Nieuwkarspel V.O.F. (Eef van Leeuwen, Kees Meester, Silva Meester, Janneke Terluin)
As a result of Dutch law, only the Dutch text of our general terms and conditions is legally valid.
The following is a translation in English.
1. The general terms and conditions are applicable to every room and the grounds of our Holiday Home Nieuwkarspel, unless
2. Any other terms and conditions are explicitly excluded
Meaning of the Agreement
1. Staying at our Holiday Home Nieuwkarspel is only possible for reasons of tourism, with a limited length of stay. In no case can the guest claim any right to lengthen the duration of his/her stay.
2. The agreement is on a basis of information about the purpose of the use of the accommodation given to the owner by the renter.
3. The amount of persons as stated in the agreement shall not be exceeded without explicit permission by the owner.
1. The agreed price is the rental sum, including additional costs such as cleaning and sheets as well as the obligational tourist tax the local government states every year, for the amount of persons as stated in the agreement.
1. The renter will pay according to the agreed terms: deposit within one month after the booking and the remainder of the balance has to be received in the bank account given in the reservation details one (1) month before the start of your stay at the latest.
2. If the renter does not or inadequately act upon the agreed terms of payment the owner has the right to immediately discharge the agreement as stated in article 5 of these general terms and conditions
3. Our prices are valid as stated on our website www.nieuwkarspel.nl. Disclaimer for any other prices.
Cancellation by the guest
1. The guest has to inform the owner/proprietor of any cancellation in writing.
2. The following amounts will be charged in case of a cancellation:
a. In case of cancellation more than 6 months before the date on which the agreed rental period starts, 30% of the agreed rental sum.
b. In case of cancellation between 4 and 6 months before the start of your stay: 70% of the agreed rental sum.
c. In case of cancellation between 2 and 4 months before the start of the stay: 80% of the agreed rental sum
d. In case of cancellation within 2 months before the start of the stay: 95% of the agreed rental sum.
e. In case of cancellation on the day the stay starts, 100% of the agreed rental sum.
1. The renter and his guests are expected to act in a peaceful manner. They follow the house rules as stated by the owner:
a. Use of electrical appliances brought by the renter and his guests, such as sound system, beertap, grill, frying pan is not permitted unless explicitly stated by the owner.
b. Nothing shall be flushed in toilet or sinks because that will certainly cause sewage to impediment or disruption of the ecological sewage system.
c. Smoking, gourmet and frying are prohibited inside the accommodation.
d. Installations, buildings and furniture are only to be used in a manner for which they are originally intended.
e. Pets are not allowed in the sleeping rooms, nor are food or beverages.
f. Pets must be on a leash when outside.
g. Between 22:00 hours and 07:00 hours guests are expected to keep the noise level down in and around the house.
2. The renter informs his guests about the stated house rules in detail.
3. The renter and his guests leave the accommodation at the agreed time in an a good orderly, broom clean2 condition. Dishwashing machines are empty, all clean plates, cups, pans, pots, etc. are put in their cupboards. Garbage is put where the owner has shown you to do so (Renter informs his guests in detail): Glass, paper, metals, plastics and bio/green are all separated and put in the therefore given bins and sacks, the rest is put in the Rest-bin. Sheets are removed and collected in washing bags.
4. The owner can be forced to remove the renter and his guests during the stay because of overtrading of article 6, points 1 to 5. No restitution of rent or other will take place. Extra costs due to neglect of points in article 6 will be charged to the renter.
5. If the renter and/or his guests do not live up to the agreement, general conditions and house rules this may lead to extra costs, subtracted on the deposit.
1. The owner is not liable for theft, accidents or damage on, around or inside the accommodation. The exclusion of liability is for material damage as well as personal, case, or company damage. De renter is liable towards the owner for damage caused by him or his other guests/group members.
Eef van Leeuwen telephone 0031 6 11388851
Kees Meester telephone 0031 6 53786893
Silva Meester telephone 0031 6 30904162
Janneke Terluin telephone 0031 6 20442724
Middenkoogweg 1B, 1738 DW Waarland.
1. The tenant is entitled to cancel the agreement in writing.
2. In case of cancellation the tenant owes the following compensation to the landlord:
a. if canceled more than 6 months before the commencement date, 30% of the agreed rent.
b. if canceled within 4 and 6 months before the commencement date, 70% of the agreed rent.
c. in case of cancellation within 2 and 4 months before the commencement date, 80% of the agreed rent.
d. if canceled within 2 months before the effective date, 95% of the agreed rent.
e. in case of cancellation on the day of the commencement date, 100% of the agreed rent.
3. The compensation will be refunded pro rata after deduction of administrative costs if and when the holiday home will be booked by another tenant for the same period.
The administration costs are 50 euros.
1. Make no noise (outside) and respect the tranquility of the local residents, especially in the evening after 10 p.m. until the morning 8 a.m.
2. Sound systems should only be used indoors.
3. Enclosed rooms and cupboards are for private purposes and you should not open them.
4. Smoking is not allowed inside the accommodation. Smoking outside is permitted on either one of the terraces. Throw the remains in an ash-can. Be careful with fire and avoid smoke development.
5. Keep it cozy and tidy:
• Bedrooms and beds are meant to be nice and clean to sleep in. So no sweets, chips, fruit, ice cream, soft drinks or other liquids in the sleeping quarters, not even in the small niches in the living rooms.
• Do you have dirty shoes, leave them outside or in the hall, or make it a habit to wipe them well.
• The same applies to the outdoor area: no litter, no urinating, no bumping walls and edges with go-karts or bicycles, do not throw with small stones etc.
• If the outdoor tables become dirty, make sure to clean them.
• (Inside) walls are not to be soiled with shoes, dirty hands etc.
• Keep the windows clean
• After your barbecue, clean everything, including the barbecue.
6. Only move the furniture, devices etc. with the permission of the administrator; it can cause unnecessary damage when moving.
7. In case of absence, close all windows and lock the outer doors.
8. When you leave, you put all furniture and other items back to their original places, including tableware, cutlery, glassware and pans. The dishwashers are empty, the dishes cleaned up, the used upper bed linen removed. Please leave the mattress cover and the pillow cover that was on the bed when you came. Duvets are neatly folded. All rooms above and below are (wipe) clean (sticky floors must be mopped); all waste bins are empty and glassware is taken away to a public glass container. Rented linen can be collected downstairs in the hall after use.
9. If you fail to use bedlinen on the beds, we will charge you the cleaning costs of the pillows, blankets / quilts and mattresses.
10. If you have brought a pet, please note that they do not run free outside or inside, nor lie on sofas and beds. Bring your own basket for the dog. Outside you must have your pet on a leash.
11. Waste is separated: green waste in the green container, plastic waste in the orange topped container, metal in the metal container, glass in the glass container down at the supermarket and residual waste in the black top container. We appreciate it if you co-operate. Unseparated waste leads to additional costs.
12. Do not put waste, oil or similar into the drains as this will cause blockages. Also do not throw anything else in bathtubs, toilets, sinks or other drains: No sanitary towels or tampons and the like. Deposit it in the bathroom bins!
13. When loading the dishwashers, please also note: first remove leftovers in the waste bin, beverage residues in the sink and then rinse them away. Do not just throw it all in the dishwashers, which leads to dirty dishes and clogging.
14. Our sewer system does not tolerate corrosive substances such as hydrochloric acid, bleach, chlorine or other chemicals. Also grease should not be washed away by the sink or via the toilet. Therefore, only use the washing and cleaning products as offered by the landlord. Pour fats into a bottle or other packaging that endures them and then throw them in the black container for residual waste, or set aside this.
15. Wastebins are delivered by the tenant in the appropriate places:
• Empty bottles in the glass bin in the Kasteelstraat, Oudkarspel (extension of Middenkoogweg) or at the supermarket
• plastic and metal packaging material in the container with orange cover.
• green / bio waste in the green container
• residual waste in the black container
Also in the accommodation you will find tools that help you separate the waste.
16. You must report any inaccuracies immediately to us so we can resolve them for you. Report any damage to us so that we can fix it during your stay or before the arrival of the next guests. Do you have complaints, please also report them to us.
17. Do you find things damaged on your arrival, please notify us within 3 hours. In case of default, the damage will be charged to you
18. It is not allowed to use your own electrical appliances (such as sound equipment, tap installation, sandwich maker, toaster, etc.) in the accommodation without permission from the landlord. Use of frying pans is prohibited inside the accommodation, but you can use them outside, after permission from the landlord. Gourmet or frying is NOT allowed inside the house.
19. The tenant must inform the other (group) members of the set house rules.
20. Our accommodation is well protected against fire and connected to it’s fire alarm center. When you generate smoke, the alarm goes off. That is not the intention – unless there is a real fire of course – and that does not happen, if you stick to the rules: Cooker hood on when cooking, baking and roasting; do not let fat burn or burn crumbs in the oven; do not shower (long and hot) while the bathroom door is open. If an actual fire does occur, you should see to it that all the guests are outside immediately, and call 1-1-2 for the fire brigade immediately. You should also immediately inform us about this fact. Call 0031 6-53786893 or 06-83095601 for this. The administrator must also be called when the alarm is triggered by smoke / vapor development while there is no fire. We are forced to charge costs when this situation arises. See also the telephone numbers at the bottom of our house rules of the other owner / managers. It is not the intention to disable (parts of) the fire alarm system, the entire installation will no longer work. Costs for resetting will be charged.
21. Children may only use the playground, play material and trampoline under adult supervision.
22. Use of the trampoline and other play materials by you and your children is for your own responsibility.
23. The tenant and his (group) members are obliged to comply with the house rules set by the landlord.
24. If members of the group do not comply with the house rules, this can lead to non-refund of the deposit or even removal from the accommodation.
Eef van Leeuwen telephone 00316-83095601
Kees Meester telephone 00316-53786893
Silva Master telephone 00316-30904162
Janneke Terluin telephone 00316-20442724
Middenkoogweg 1B – 1738 DW Waarland
Hints upon Leaving Accommodation
We hope that, when you leave Nieuwkarspel, you can look back on a special and pleasant stay.
Before closing the door, please make sure that:
• All tableware, cuttlery, pots etc. are clean
• The dishwashers have been emptied and the dishes are replaced in the cupboards intended for this purpose
• The bed linens are removed from the beds that have been slept in, except for the matrasscover and pillowcover that were already on the bed when you arrived. However, The duvet and pillow you put back on the bed as found on arrival. You also communicate well with your group members. Please put used bed linen piled up in the hallway (please do not fold, they will be washed).
• All rooms are completely swept clean, both on ground and first floor.
• All waste bins are emptied into the appropriate clicks and replaced.
• Please deposit glass bottles and jars in the bottle bank is in the Kasteelstraat, this is the extension of the Middenkoogweg, or near the supermarket.
• Waste is separated as best as possible: Plastic can be put in the container with orange lid, paper/cardboard in the blue basket, and metal in the metal bin, organic waste in the green container and residual waste in the black container. We will return plastic bottles to the supermarket for you.
• The cooker is cleared of food residues and overcooking
• The oven is cleared of crumbs and fat- or foodremains
• All furniture has been returned to where you found it on arrival
• The exterior doors are closed
• The lights are off
• The picnic benches are under the roof, the wicker chairs are along the façade
• Volleyball net, windbreaks, the ping pong table are again under the roof
• The barbecue (s) has been emptied and cleaned.
We thank you very much for your co-operation and hope you will kindly communicate your pleasant stay with us.
Eef van Leeuwen telefoon 0031226-316261 or 00316-83095601
Kees Meester telefoon 0031226-314545 or 00316-53786893
Silva Meester telefoon 0031226-316261 or 00316-30904162
Janneke Terluin telefoon 0031226-314545 or 00316-20442724